Sunday, November 30, 2014

Her First Day (Part 12)

"I will be careful. Please let me know when they take him out of here. I don't want her to worry about being attacked again when she wakes up," Holland said.
"I will do that," he said. Holland turned, waking toward the lobby doors. He needed to call the office and let them know what happened. He was sure he was going to need one of his colleagues to help him when the time came. He walked out the door, taking a deep breath of the fresh air. He took another to steady himself. The days events were taking a toll on him. He needed to relax, but he was not so sure that was going to happen until he knew Farmer was gone. He pulled out his cell phone and dialed the office. The other end rang three times before being picked up.
"Thank you for calling the offices of Smith and Holland. Chasity speaking, how may I direct your call?"
"Hi, Chasity. It is Andrew. Let me speak to Mike, please? Tell him it is important."
"Oh, hi Mr. Holland. I will transfer you right over."
"Thanks" he said, hearing the hold music a second later. 'We really need to change this music. Our poor clients ears are suffering,' he thought while waiting.
"Mike Smith," he heard the baritone voice say from the other end.
"Mike, it's Andrew. We have a problem."
"What's going on?"
"Well, a few things. You know the new hire we have? Missy?"
"Yes. We acquired her from Farmer and Sons. She has an impressive track record."
"She does, but there was a problem at Farmer and Sons that just traveled through to us. It seems Edwin was obsessed with her to the point of stalking her."
"Are you kidding?"
"No, he kidnapped her today. It just so happened that I seen him do it. I followed them to a remote location that he had all set up for her. I am not sure if he planned to take her life, but he was definitely planning on raping her."
"Jesus. Where is she now?"
"In the hospital. He beat her up pretty badly. She is resting now."
"Where is he?"
"That is why I am calling. I beat him up, badly. He is in the hospital and they will be taking him to the police station. There is talk that he wants to press charges against me."
"Don't worry about that. You will be represented by me. If he does press charges, then we will do the same on behalf of Missy. He will not get anywhere near her again. I am filing a restraining order against him as soon as we hang up."
"For some reason, I don't think a restraining order will stop him." 
"I don't either. I will place a call to our security firm and get a couple of our best guys on it."
"Thanks, Mike," he said, walking back toward the building. Three cops rushed past him. His breath caught in his chest. He sprinted into the building.

No comments:

Post a Comment